Following on from our previous post Changing/Flashing the SD Card on a Raspberry Pi I noticed that the new 16GB SD card still read as 4GB within File Manager on the Raspberry Pi. This was due to a partition on the SD Card. This was easily rectified by going into the Raspi Config.
- Open LXTerminal on the Raspberry Pi
- Type sudo raspi-config
- Select option 1 – Expand File System as shown in the image below.
- Once selected you will get the following message
- It will then ask you to reboot the system.
- Once rebooted the correct size – 16GB – will then show in the bottom right-hand corner File Manager, as shown in the following image.