I’ve noticed that depending on what display I use for my Raspberry Pi, sometimes the LXTerminal window size is too big.
Once you have established the size you want the LXTerminal window to be, follow these instructions to change the default window size.
- Right click on the LXTerminal shortcut on you desktop.
- From the menu select ‘Leafpad’
- In the window that opens up scroll right down to the bottom.
- Where it says
change this to
- The 70×23 is the size you want the window to open in this example – 70 columns by 23 rows.
- Save and close the file.
- Activate a new window from the LXTerminal desktop icon. You should see a window open with the new size you specified above.
Here is a short YouTube video to show how we did it.