By now, I’m sure you’ve heard of Flappy Bird. It’s the number one app in the iOS App Store in over 100 countries.
In this weeks School Pi Club we shall be looking at Flappy Bird in Scratch. All School Pi Club members will be signing up for a free online Scratch account at http://scratch.mit.edu
Here are the steps we will follow:
1. Sign up for a free scratch online account at http://scratch.mit.edu
2. Visit the following link http://tinyurl.com/scratchflappybird and download the scratch flappy bird project files (.zip format) and save to your computer. Once downloaded extract the files.
3. Log in to your scratch online account and select ‘Create’ to start a new project.
4. Now click ‘File’ and then choose the ‘Upload from your computer’ option
5. Now browse your computer to where you downloaded and saved the Flappy Bird project files.
6. Select the file named ‘Flappy Bird.sb’
7. The Flappy Bird game will now be imported to your account.
Take a look at how it works, see what you can change/improve or make your own version of Flappy Bird. One day you too could have a number one game in the App Store…..the possibilities are endless!