Since our last Raspberry Pi lunch club JW and LD have been looking at how to install Minecraft on a Raspberry Pi.
Mojang has officially released Minecraft Pi Edition. These are the instructions that JW followed to successfully load Minecraft onto his Raspberry Pi.
1. Boot up the Pi and login as pi with the password raspberry
2. Type startx and click enter
3. Open the LXTerminal, it’s on your desktop.
4. Type: wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.minecraft.net/pi/minecraft-pi-0.1.1.tar.gz
5. Type: tar -zxvf minecraft-pi-0.1.1.tar.gz
6. Type: cd mcpi
7. Type: ./minecraft-pi
In today’s lunch club (Mon 16th Sept) we are going to try and load Minecraft onto LD’s Raspberry Pi using that same instructions.